Our Lady and St Thomas of Canterbury

Picture Gallery

History Our Church Today Baptisms Marriages News Links

Up

The Elms, after which the house, which is the current Presbytery, was named ca. 1883 Courtesy: Bridewell Museum

The Red House(left), which hosted the first RC Chapel since the Reformation, being built in 1888 Courtesy:Town Hall Archive

Original Cock Street Chapel in 2006

Inside the Cock Street chapel about 1912

Sketch ca. 1990 of the chapel off Town Green

Original Town Green Chapel in 2007

Fr Cowin, as a FEPOW, in Chungkai with the Japanese doctor who supplied the altar wine

The New Church 1952

Girls of the Guild of St Agnes processing to their confirmation by the Bishop of Northampton in May 1960 Courtesy:Philip Yaxley

Mrs Jessie Bird, CWL, presenting Fr Cowin with a cheque to mark his silver jubilee in the priesthood, May 3, 1963

First Communion with Fr Brown in June 1990

Original layout of Memorial Chapel

The church in the mid 90's Courtesy: Eastern Daily Press

The Bishop & Fr David Jennings consecrating the altar

Deacon Pete sealing the sacred relics

Cutting the Turf May 2001

Consecrating the FEPOW Chapel 2001

The Church in 2006